Over 65 Years of commercial refrigeration focus have enable TRUE to become experts
in the design and development of our systems. While energy efficiency has always
been part of our design process, we continue to utilize new technologies to improve
our systems to be the most efficient in the industry, without sacrificing the performance
that ultimately provides food safety for our customers throughout the World.
True is meeting and exceeding CEC and DOE energy standards without sacrificing quality
through the following methods:
Emphasizing green innovation like our Reversing Condenser Fan Motor which reverses
during defrost off cycles to help keep condenser coil free from dirt, dust and debris.
Keeping coils clean optimizes the unit's performance providing colder holding temperatures
and increased energy efficiency.
Utilizing green materials and components such as recycled composite materials and
Ecomate®, the blowing agent with a Global Warming Potential (GWP) of Zero and an
Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) of Zero. Developing refrigeration equipment operating
on Natural Refrigerants (near "0" GWP).
TRUE equipment meets RoHS compliance. RoHS stands for "Restriction of the use of
certain Hazardous Substances" in electrical and electronic equipment. We reduced
the use of major hazardous substances in the production of TRUE products, such as
lead, mercury and cadmium by 99%.
• CEC: California Energy Commission • DOE: US Department of Energy
At TRUE, we are continually searching out environmentally friendly components and
processes that will reduce our carbon footprint. This process encapsulates both
our approach to manufacturing as well as our approach to the performance of our
Just a few of the improvements TRUE has made in our production processes...
• Closed loop water systems (conserves water)
• Powder Coating (reduces VOC's)
• Printing with UV inks (eliminates solvents)
• Ecomate® foam insulation (0% GWP/ODP)
• Material recycling
2011 compared to 2000, TRUE has...
• Reduced water usage by 50% per square foot.
• Shown a 99.97% reduction in TRI (Toxic Release Inventory) reported chemical
• Reduced the release of CO2 by 137,000 metric tons - the equivalent of removing
26,863 cars off the road last year.
• Reduced natural gas consumption by 60% per square foot.
• Recycled 98% of scrap metal.
• Reduced electric consumption by 34% per square foot.
TRUE's Facilities and People
• Replaced rooftop air conditioners with more efficient Economizer units. The
units use fresh air virtually "free" for cooling during the fall, winter and early
• Solar water heating.
• Reduced office lighting load by 30%.
• Installed automated water faucets and hand dryers to regulate water usage
and reduce paper towel waste.
• Cafeteria switched from Styrofoam plates and bowls to environmentally-friendly
• Implemented the Box-on-Demand machine for all part shipments. This machine
custom makes boxes to the shape and size of each part sent out, thereby reducing
the amount of cardboard used for thses shipments. Additionally, any scrap produced
by this machine is shredded and reused as packaging material, reducing our reliance
• Paper, plastic bottles, aluminum cans, cardboard, clear plastic, mixed metals.
• Savings of 3,400 tons of material out of landfills since January 2008 - the
equivalent of removing the CO2 emission of 747 homes.